Thứ Hai, 17 tháng 9, 2012

Viết hoa (Capitalization) phần 1

Nguyên tắc chung

- Viết hoa từ đầu tiên của một câu. Trong trường hợp từ đâu tiên là một số, viết nó bằng chữ.
Ví dụ: My house has many windows. Four of them are painted in white.
- Viết hoa đại từ 'I' hoặc dạng rút gọn của I'm và các từ viết tắt như A.D. hoặc B.C.
Ví dụ: + My mother left when I returned home after work.
          + The artefact is said to be dated back to 245 B.C.
- Viết hoa từ đầu tiên trong ngoặc kép.
Ví dụ: He said,"I am very interested in that project."
- Tuy nhiên ta không viết hoa ở từ đầu tiên của một đoạn trích dẫn/tường thuật.
Ví dụ: She called her Mom "the most beloved woman on Earth" she had ever had


Một vài ví dụ cho những nguyên tắc viết hoa ở trên:
 Good afternoon,” said the personal trainer as I walked into the gym.
  Good afternoon!” I replied, excited to get started.
You must be Ms. Milner. I’m Jennifer Burnett. It’s very nice to meet you.”
  Tell me about your current workout routine, Jennifer.  I’m  eager to  put together  a  brand-new exercise program for you.”
  I smiled and said, “It’s so nice to be working with you. I heard you were a ‘true fitness guru.’”


Bài tập: Hãy sửa lỗi viết hoa trong đoạn văn sau:
when I first saw the black hills on january 2, 1995, i was shocked by their beauty. we had just spent new year’s day in sioux falls, south dakota, and had headed west toward our home in denver, colorado. as we traveled along interstate 90, i could see the black hills rising slightly in the distance. after driving through the bad-lands and stopping at wall drug in wall, south dakota, the evergreen-covered hills broke the barren monotony of the landscape. my oldest daughter said, “dad, look! there’s something that’s not all white.” we saw mount rushmore and custer state park, the home of the largest herd of buffalo in north america. we also drove the treacherous spearfish canyon road. fortunately, our jeep cherokee had no trouble with the ice and snow on the winding road. we were unable to see needles national park because the needles highway was snowed shut. winter may not be the best time to see these sights, but we enjoyed them  nonetheless.

Đáp án: nhấn vào đây

0 comments:

Đăng nhận xét